In a continuous effort to provide excellent customer service to all with whom we work, we decided to effect a formal policy on late arrivals/leaving jobs early/jobs running long. Each of these instances affect billing from us to the customer and invoicing from you to us. Please see below for our policy:
- Call the office any time you are running late for an assignment or unexpectedly need to leave early
- If you are released early from the job please call the office to let us know
- Call the office once it appears as though a job will run long; we may need to get authorization prior to you staying beyond the initially requested time
- If you are 10 or more minutes late to an assignment, we will reduce what we bill the customer in 15 minute increments. This means that the time for which you will be able to invoice will be reduced accordingly. Example: If you are 10 minutes late we will deduct .25 from billing. If you are 25 minutes late we will deduct .50 from billing.
- If you need to leave an assignment early we will adjust billing/invoicing in the same manner listed above.
Our customers have paid for a block of time and get uncomfortable when the interpreter is not there for the requested time. We understand that sometimes life happens; please keep in touch with us when it does so we can be fair to those we serve.
We appreciate your support and welcome any feedback/dialogue you may wish to add.
Posted in: Interpreter FAQ